How we get the personal information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To create an account for you to help us provide a more personalised service suited to meet your preferences.
- To send you newsletters or information on products and services that you have requested, or which we feel may interest you.
This information will be used by us/or our agents to respond to your enquiry and administer the service you require.
If you have provided us with prior consent, we may also contact you about other products and services offered by us and selected partners, we think may be of interest to you.
We also collection information automatically when you visit our website. When you visit our website, we may send you a Cookie. This is a small file which may be placed on your computer’s hard disk contains an anonymous unique identifier, accessible only by the website that has placed it there. When you visit this website your IP address will be automatically logged with us. Your IP address is the number which is assigned to your network device when you access the Internet.
We use Google Analytics to collect information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring usage of this site. We use this information to help us develop this site and our services. We may from time to time also provide such aggregate information to other parties for research and analysis purposes, so we can monitor and improve the services we provide. Any data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform their services for us and will be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection legislation.
These statistics are anonymous; you cannot therefore be identified individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and you can remove cookies from your browser if you wish to. Unless you have disabled or deleted them, you consent to our placing and accessing cookies on your computer. Please note that in some cases this may impair your use of this website.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest
This information will be processed as personal data and as such will be processed within the terms of this policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
By using our website or submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
How we store your personal information
We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measure to prevent your personal information from being accidently lost, used, accessed, altered or disclosed. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information and include:
- IT access controls – only authorised personnel are able to gain access to your information stored electronically within our IT systems
- Site access controls – only authorised personnel are able to gain access to premises
- Policies and procedures – comprehensive data protection and IT security policies and procedures setting out the way in which your information must be handled by staff.
- Training – delivery of ongoing data protection and IT Security training.
The internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place organisational measures to protect personal information under our control from unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss or destruction or damage. However, we cannot guarantee or insure the security of any information that is transmitted over the Internet or that loss, misuse or alteration of data so transmitted will not occur.
We also keep your product purchasing information confidential. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information, you consent to these transfers.
How long do we keep hold of your information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is needed, for the purposes set out in this policy and the law requires us, including satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
What are your rights in connection with your personal information
You have the right to ask us for a copy of personal data which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held please write to the address below, under ‘How to Contact Us’.
Under certain circumstance, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- Request correction of any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you
- Request erasure of information where there is no good reason for us to hold.
- Opt out of marketing communications which we may send you from time to time.
Right to Complain
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your personal information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority, which is the ICO on 0303 123 1113.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose information we hold about you to third parties for the purpose of providing services you have requested, as part of the process of sale, or where legitimately requested for legal or regulatory purposes, as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
We will not sell, rent or share your personal information, with or to any third parties for marketing purposes without your express permission.
Changes to our policy